1. What is A Streak to Remember?
A Streak to Remember is an event put on by Vinnie Cent through his organization The Wireless Athlete. It is a running challenge with a goal to run 1 mile (1.6 km) per day for 30 days in the months April, May or June, with a chance to win cool prizes. The money raised for this event will go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
2. Why I decided to join this event?
I decided to join A Streak to Remember for two main reasons.
1) On a personal note, I lack in consistency for getting daily physical movement in. I saw this running challenge as an opportunity to help encourage me to stay on track with daily exercise. Plus, the fact that it is small daily goal of only one mile/day makes me feel this is super attainable, which is exactly the type of goals I look for to continue my Enthusiastic Change Maker journey. Start simple and go from there. #setyouraim #findyourglow
2) My second reason for joining is that I felt an emotional pull to the event after learning about Vinnie's story and why he created such an event. Vinnie was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia at age 15. He recently turned 30 even though his chances of survival were not optimal. He is a fighter and a survivor and now using his experience to do good in the world for others. For him, A Streak to Remember is also about recognizing his friends he met during his hospital stay who have passed away and remembering that each day is a gift.
His story resonated with me and I understood why Vinnie connected so well with the ECM Planner. We share a common understanding of knowing how precious life is and wanting to make the most of it.
3. How can you join the Streak?
To register for the event click HERE. You can start any day, for any reason that feels right to you.
If you want to join the social media fun on Instagram tag @vinniecent @thewirelessathlete @aimandglow (to be featured)